Educational Measurement: What Lies Ahead
This presentation will cover current challenges for educational measurement, including:
- How to provide better normative information
- How to describe the meaning and use of score points on the measurement scale
- How to measure complex skills
- How to provide better diagnostic information
Dr. Lauress Wise, Principal Scientist at the Human Resources Research Organization (HumRRO), has over 40 years’ experience in educational research and continues extensive work on educational policy and assessment issues. In addition to directing the independent CAHSEE evaluation for the past 14 years, Dr. Wise directs HumRRO’s quality assurance project for NAEP. Dr. Wise has served on several National Research Council committees, chairing the Committees on Scientific Research in Education, the Evaluation of the Voluntary National Tests, and also the Board on Testing and Assessment. He also served as co-chair for the committee that recently revised the AERA/APA/NCME Standards for Educational and Psychological Testing and is currently serving as president of the National Council of Measurement in Education.
- NOTE: This talk begins one hour earlier than the usual BEAR Seminars.